Then definitely grab your family vacation guide and check out the many family vacation packages available. But be advised – as with other locales in the union, some weird (and downright silly) laws do exist in this southern state!
- In Dublin, Georgia, you can’t drive through any of the playgrounds. So please just park your car away from the swing set if you take the kids to the park that’s closest to your Georgia condominium, okay?
- Were you planning to spit from a bus or a car during your family vacation destination in Marietta, GA? Hope not – it could get you a fine. (However, if you spit from the window of a truck, that won’t get you a second look.)
- Not that you were planning to come across a deceased person while visiting your family vacation spot in Georgia, but if you do, know that you cannot use profanity in front of the body if it’s lying in a funeral home or the coroner’s office.
- Donkey lovers, please leave your braying buddy at home if you’re staying at any Georgia hotels, Georgia condos, Georgia motels, or similar places. They are not allowed to be kept in bathtubs.
- Finally (and you may have heard this one before), it’s illegal to carry your ice cream cone in your back pocket… but only on Sunday. Do it on a Saturday when you’re leaving your one of any Georgia hotels and it’s a-okay.
- Why did the chicken cross the road? We aren’t sure, but hopefully he didn’t do it in Quitman, Georgia, as chickens crossing roads there are committing an illegal act!
Know of any wacky laws? GuestQuest would love to hear from you! Simply drop us a comment and we’ll be happy to investigate!